Every morning when you wake up you have to decide what you are going to wear. Some of you may stand in your closet and ponder what to wear others may decide the night before, and others may just grab the first thing they see. Either way, you are making a decision based on the colors you want to wear for that day or maybe based on the weather for the day. All of this goes for choosing the right wardrobe for your photo session.
As your photographer, it is important for me to emphasize the importance of wardrobe and how it can elevate your pictures. Photo session wardrobe can go hand in hand with conveying your photographic style.
With every session of mine you will receive a FREE online style service called Style and Select. This service gives you the option to plan out a color palette and type of style you would like for your photo session along with telling you where to shop! After you are done choosing, simply check out and all the links to the stores in which your outfits are located will be emailed to you. Thats it! You are done and now can sit back and relax and know that the biggest most important step to your photo session is complete! Check out more details about this awesome complimentry service HERE.
7 Top Tips for Deciding What to Wear for a Photoshoot
- Keep the location & season in mind: Where is the photoshoot taking place? Choose an outfit that will keep you feeling comfortable and confident. For example, if you’re on a beach, those new high heels might not be the most logical choice and you might end up looking a bit out of place
- Mix and match. Don’t be afraid to wear patterns or prints for your photoshoot but keep them to a minimum and try to pair them with solid colors. If you’re having a family photoshoot for example, have two family members in printed items and two in solid colors. Play with different colors to match the mood and setting of the shoot.
- What to do about makeup. This would depend on the type of photos you are taking. Fashion shoots will call for more dramatic makeup but for your everyday maternity, family or portrait shoots, keep your makeup natural and to a minimum.
- Fit is more important that you think. If you already have an outfit in mind for your shoot, try it on before the time to make sure that it fits correctly and compliments your body type.
- Try not to go brand crazy. Wearing too much clothing with prominent brand names just makes you look like a walking ad. Clothing with large graphics on it also doesn’t work well as it will end up being the focus of your photos.
- Don’t forget the accessories: Accessories give your photographs that needed punch! They lend pops of color, personality, and interest. Everybody wears them well and they work for all ages.
Most importantly, I am here to make the whole process as simply as possible and will be there for you from start to finish! Ready to book your session? Let’s Chat!