Choosing the right outfits for a fall family photo session can help create beautiful and cohesive photos. Here are five tips on what to wear:
1. Coordinate Colors, Don’t Match: Instead of everyone wearing the exact same color, opt for a coordinated color scheme that complements the fall season. Earthy tones like deep reds, warm oranges, forest greens, and rich browns work well. These colors blend beautifully with the autumn backdrop.
2. Layer Up: Fall weather can be unpredictable, so layering is essential. Consider cardigans, scarves, vests, and jackets to add depth and texture to your outfits. Layers not only keep you warm but also provide visual interest in the photos.
3. Mix Patterns and Textures: To avoid a monotonous look, mix patterns and textures among family members. Some might wear plaid or floral prints, while others can wear solid colors or textured fabrics like knit sweaters or corduroy pants. Just be sure the patterns and textures complement each other without clashing.
4. Avoid Distracting Logos and Graphics: Steer clear of clothing with large logos, characters, or graphics that can distract from the main focus of the photos – your family. Simple and classic styles tend to work best in creating timeless images.
5. Consider the Location: Think about the location of your photo session when choosing your outfits. If you’ll be in a park with colorful foliage, muted and earthy tones may be suitable. If you’ll be in an urban setting, you might opt for more modern or elegant attire. Ensure that your outfits harmonize with the environment.
Bonus Tip: Don’t forget about shoes and accessories. Comfortable shoes are a must, especially if you’ll be walking or standing for an extended period. Accessories like hats, scarves, and jewelry can add a personal touch and complete your fall look.
Remember that the most important thing is that you feel comfortable and confident in your chosen outfits. When everyone feels good, it will show in the photos, creating beautiful memories of your fall family photo session.